Have you been injured in your workplace?
We understand that a workplace injury can have a major impact on your life and can often lead to you being unable to work for an extended period. Luckily there are measures set in place to assist you to manage the financial stress that a workplace injury can place on your life. We are here to help you through the events following a workplace injury, and we strive to help you receive the appropriate compensation for the effects that your injury may have on your life.
What to do in the event of a workplace injury
- Inform your supervisor about the injury.
- Get an incident report completed and signed by yourself and your supervisor.
- If needed, make sure you seek medical treatment from the appropriate Medical Centre.
- When getting any treatment related to the injury, let the physician know that you are there due to a workplace injury.
What if the injury gets in the way of your work?
- Have a chat with your employer about your situation.
- Collect the necessary paperwork and make a claim through your employer, or directly to WorkCover through their online portal.
- If you are eligible, you may begin receiving compensation for your financial losses during this time through WorkCover.
- Go to all necessary appointments for your treatment and begin the rehabilitation process to get you back on your feet.
Workers Compensation claim?
- It is important to note that you only have 6 months after your injury occurs to make a claim for compensation through WorkCover.
What if my claim doesn’t get accepted?
- In the event of the denial of a WorkCover claim, get in contact with us and we can have a chat about your options. We can help you lodge an appeal with WorkCover to get you the compensation that you require.
What if your injury was due to the negligence of your employer?
- If you get injured due to the negligence of your employer, then you may be entitled to make a “Common Law claim” against your employer for your injuries.
When do I get in contact with a lawyer?
- You can get in contact with us at any point along your process of recovery from a workplace injury.
- We are here to ensure that you don’t get cut short on the compensation that you are entitled to.