South East Injury Lawyers realize the importance of ensuring that personal information held by the law firm is treated confidentially and is committed to ensuring that all personal information is only collected, disclosed, used and stored in accordance with the National Privacy Principles set out under the Federal Privacy Act 1988.
WHAT IS ‘PERSONAL INFORMATION’
‘Personal Information’ is information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database) whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Any personal information that we collect will only be used and disclosed for the purpose for which it has been provided to us.
Personal information may need to be disclosed to external service providers engaged by South East Injury Lawyers in order for those service providers to fulfill their service obligations to the firm. For example:
- IT service providers who assist in managing The Logan Injury Lawyers servers and networks may need to access client data in order to maintain the servers and networks;
Where personal information is disclosed to an external party, South East Lawyers will take steps to ensure that the external party treats such information confidentially and in accordance with the Federal Privacy Act 1988.
If you have registered through our website to receive email communications from us, we may use your contact details to send you newsletters, marketing emails or invitations to the South East Injury Lawyers seminars or events, which may be of interest to you.
However, you may at any time opt out of receiving such materials by calling us or emailing.
Upon receiving such a request, South East Injury Lawyers will remove your contact details from our distribution lists.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request us to provide you with access to personal information we hold about you.
We will process all requests for access to personal information in accordance with the National Privacy Principles.
In most cases, we will provide you with access to your personal information. However, we may refuse access in certain situations as listed in the National Privacy Principles.
If we refuse to give you access, we will provide you with reasons for our refusal.
If any personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up to date, please let us know and in most cases, we will use all reasonable efforts to update the information.
PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURITY
South East Injury Lawyers is committed to keeping secure the data you provide to us and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personally identifiable information from loss, misuse or alteration.
We will notify you of the changes by posting an updated version of the policy on our website.
This policy was last updated 1 July 2019
The material on this website is intended only to provide a summary and general overview on matters of interest.
This website and the information contained within it, is subject to continuous change and although we attempt to ensure the content is correct and current we do not guarantee its currency nor correctness due to delays, errors and omissions which may occur.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Logan Injury Lawyers takes no responsibility whatsoever to you or anyone else for any loss or damage suffered as a result of or in connection with the use of this website or any of its content.
This includes, but is not limited to, the transmission of any computer viruses and any subsequent constructive loss which may occur.
We recommend that prior to downloading any files, photos or articles; an appropriate virus check should be conducted.
South East Injury Lawyers provides links to other sites for your convenience; however we take no responsibility as to the accuracy or currency of information on those sites.
We do not endorse any information, goods or services referred to within the sites and our provision of links should not be taken to be an endorsement.
Logan Injury Lawyers authorizes printing of content for personal use only and, all other use, copying or reproduction of this website or any part of it is prohibited (except to the extent permitted by law).
COLLECTION OF STATISTICAL INFORMATION VIA OUR WEBSITE
Our internet service provider makes a record of each visit to the web site. When you visit our website, the following information is logged for statistical purposes only:
- your server address
- your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, etc)
- the date and time of your visit to the site
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded by you
- the previous site visited by you
- the type of browser used by you
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Welcome to the South East Injury Lawyers website (the Website), which is owned and operated by South East Injury Lawyers Pty Ltd trading as Logan Injury Lawyers trust (we, us, our, or Logan Injury Lawyers).
We cannot be responsible for any delays or interruptions to the Website. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to minimise delays and interruptions. However, we cannot warrant that the Website will be available at all times or at any given time.
We may at any time and without notice to you, discontinue the Website in whole or in part. However, we cannot be responsible for any loss, cost, damage or liability that may result from our discontinuance of the Website.
In relation to the Website, you must not:
- use the Website for any activities or post or transmit via the Website, any information or materials which breach any laws or regulations, infringe a third party’s rights, or are contrary to any relevant standard or codes;
- use the Website to post or transmit any material which interferes with other users or defames, harasses, threatens, menaces, offends or restricts any person or which inhibits any user from using the Website or the Internet;
- use the Website to send unsolicited email messages;
- in any way tamper with, hinder or modify the Website;
- knowingly transmit any viruses or other disabling features to the Website or via the Website; or
- attempt any of the above acts or facilitate or assist another person to do any of the above acts.
The material on the Website, including the software, design, text, images and graphics comprised in the Website and the selection and layout of the Website are owned or under licence by Think SMSF and protected by Australian and international laws.
Your use of the Website does not grant you a licence or act as a right of use of any of the trade marks or logos, whether registered or unregistered, that are displayed on the Website without the express written permission of the trade mark owner.
We own the copyright, which subsists in all creative and literary works that are displayed on the Website.
You may view the Website and its contents using your web browser. In visiting the Website, you may make a temporary copy of the Website by means of the usual operation of your web browser only.
You must not:
- reproduce or use any of the material on the Website for commercial purposes, including sale;
- in any way modify the material on the Website; or
- cause any of the material on the Website to be framed or embedded in another website.
In summary, you must not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, frame, upload to a third party, post, transmit or distribute the content of the Website in any way except as expressly provided for by us or expressly authorised in writing by us.
In the event that you do any of the above acts, we will not hesitate to enforce our intellectual property rights against you.
GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY
We intend for the information on our Website to only serve as a general overview on matters of interest. The information on our Website is not intended to be comprehensive, nor does it constitute advice in any way. We attempt to ensure that the content is current and accurate but we do not guarantee its currency and accuracy. You should carry out your own research and/or seek your own advice before acting or relying on any of the information on our Website.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
The Website may contain hyperlinks and other pointers to websites operated by third parties (Linked Websites). We do not control Linked Websites and are therefore not responsible for the content of any Linked Website or any hyperlink contained in a Linked Website. We provide the hyperlinks for your convenience only and do not indicate, expressly or implicitly, any endorsement, sponsorship or approval by us of a Linked Website or the products or services offered at Linked Websitesyou visit
LINKED WEBSITES ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
We do not provide any warranty or take any responsibility for any aspect of Linked Websites or their content. You should make your own investigations with respect to the suitability of goods and/or services offered to you via a Linked Website.
By using the Website, you agree to indemnify us from and against all actions, claims, suits, demands, damages, liabilities, costs or expenses (whether in tort or in contract including and without limitation, negligence) arising out of or in any way connected to the use of the Website by you.
Some legislation such as the Australian Consumer and Competition Act 2010 (Cth) and other similar consumer protection laws and regulations in other countries may confer you with rights and remedies relating to the provision of goods or services to you by us via the Website which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified (your “Statutory Rights”). We exclude all conditions and warranties implied by custom, law or statute except for your Statutory Rights.
Except for your Statutory Rights and with respect to the Website:
- all material on the Website is provided to you without warranties of any kind, either express or implied;
- we expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind including but not limited to warranties of acceptable quality and fitness for a particular purpose;
- we do not warrant that the functions contained in any material on the Website or your access to the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that any defects will be corrected or that the Website or the server which stores and transmits material to you are free of viruses or any other harmful components; and
- we do not warrant or make any representation regarding your access to, or the results of your access to, the Website including its correctness, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reliability or otherwise.
To the extent permitted by law, including but not limited to any act or omission on your part, we will not be liable for any loss, damage, costs or expense whether direct, indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential, including loss of profits, suffered by you or claims made against you which result from any use or access of, or any inability to use or access the website.
You expressly acknowledge that we do not exert control over users of the Internet and we are not liable for damage suffered by you, either directly or indirectly, as a result of your access to the Website.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
In the case of services supplied or offered by us:
- the supply of the services again; or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
In the case of goods supplied or offered by us:
- the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
- the repair of such goods;
- the payment of the costs of replacing the goods or acquiring equivalent goods; or
- the payment of the costs of having the goods repaired.
We do not make any claims that the information is appropriate or may be downloaded in all areas, countries or jurisdictions. Access to the information contained in the Website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Website, you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.